Parts of Speech English Assignment Help?
Gameanger Dotcom Asked: Parts of Speech English Assignment Help?
Hello, I have an English Assignment that I truly need help on :/
Since its summer time, I don't have a teacher to ask so I decided to come to yahoo answers for help. I am doing an assignment where I have to name the part of speech for the underlined word. This is the word bank:
proper noun, common noun, abstract noun, compound noun, 1st 2nd Third person pronouns, reflexive pronoun, demonstrative pronoun, indefinite pronoun, adjective, adverb, action verb, linking verb, verb phrase (both helping verb and main verb), preposition, prepositional phrase, coordinating conjunction, correlative conjunction, and interjection.
I'm having some troubles on the following sentences. The capitalized words are the words that the part of speech I don't know. If you could reply the part of speech of the capitalized words in the sentence, it would be greatly appreciated :
1. Someone left A notebook in the Cafeteria, and there are important English notes in it.
2. Someone left a notebook in the Cafeteria, and there ARE important English notes in it.
3. PRIOR TO the beginning of the school year, teachers spend days preparing for the students' arrival.
4. Prior to the BEGINNING of the school year, teachers spend days preparing for the students' arrival.
5. Prior to the beginning of the school year, teachers spend days preparing for the student's ARRIVAL. (I'm guessing ARRIVAL is an abstract verb?)
6. MANY students prefer studying by themselves, yet studies show group studying often results in higher test scores. (I'm guessing MANY is an adjective?)
7. Many students prefer studying BY themselves, yet studies show group studying often results in higher test scores.
8. Laura is taking both Honors English and Honors Social Studies; she is GOING to be swamped with work this year. (I'm guessing preposition?)
9. I am currently reading a novel in Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt series, OF all the novels out there to read, those are currently my favorite.
10. It is never good practice to put of homework, especially those large projects, UNTIL the last minute; the stress isn't healthy.
11. PRIOR TO embarking on our cruise ship, we spent a lovely couple of days in Barbados. (I'm guessing preposition?)
12. (This has two of them). Vacation are MORE fun when they involve adventures; riding ROLLER COASTERS and zip-lining are two of my favorite vacation activities. (I'm guessing a verb phrase?)
13.What are SOME of your favorite vacation places?
14. What are some OFYOUR FAVORITE VACATION PLACES? (I'm guessing prepositional phrase?)
15. High school can be a scary place, but it will become exciting once you get used TO THE BUILDING AND SCHEDULE. (I'm guessing prepositional phrase?)
16. (This is an easy one, and im pretty sure its a compound noun.) While CHALKBOARDS and overhead projectors were common classroom instruments in the past, technology is making way for smartboards and LCD projectors.
And thats all the sentences that I had trouble with out of the 100
- Read a book and learn some English
Got a better answer? Share it below!